Churchwide Community Group Questions
A Story Worth Telling
Scripture: Luke 5:17-26
Further Reading: Mark 2:1-12, Matthew 9:1-8, 2 Corinthians 5:17
• What is your favorite board game?
• What is your favorite yard game??
High’s & Low’s or Thankfuls & Challenges
Powerful, redemptive stories happen every day.
• What is your favorite type of story?
• What is your favorite story in Scripture?
Have someone read Luke 5:17-26.
• What stood out to you from the story?
Our faith has a real impact on real people.
• How have you seen this in your life?
Ephesians 2:4 “But God is so rich in mercy, and he loves us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead.”
• Was it easier for Jesus to physically heal the man or forgive his sins? Why?
There is no such thing as a boring testimony.
• Share your story with the group.
• Why do we sometimes think our stories are insignificant?
Your story becomes incredibly powerful the moment you put down the pen and let Jesus pick it up.
• What are some things Jesus has done for you?
• What would it look like for you to hand the pen to Jesus, even today?
The mat that he used to lay on, is now the platform he stands on.
• What has God used in your life as a reminder of what Jesus has done for you?
• How do you use “your mat” to share your story?
Jesus gave you a story so you would share your story. (Leave your group to think about these questions this week).
• What is the next step in your story?
• Who can you share your story with this week?